Meet The Team
Our Mission is to make fitness fun! When it's fun, you do it more often...and you get results. When you get the results you want, you live a happier and healthier life!
John Garey Fitness & Pilates was founded in 2001, in a small studio near downtown Long Beach. In 2004 we moved to the Marketplace Shopping Center, where we expanded into our current 2,400 square foot facility. Everything we offer is Instructor-led, including 58 weekly classes and 12 different class formats, plus Private Pilates Training, and Personal Training. We are a Licensed Training Center for MERRITHEW™ the global leader in mind-body education and equipment. The MERRITHEW brands we offer include STOTT PILATES®, CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™, Total Barre™ and ZEN•GA™. We have trained more than 1,000 Instructors since we started in 2001.
We operate out of two distinct spaces that are purposely designed for group classes and private training:
- Our Private Pilates Training sessions take place in our designated Private Pilates training room featuring the full suite of STOTT PILATES® equipment, including three V2Max Plus Reformers, one Rehab V2Max Plus Reformer, one Cadillac, two Spring Walls, two Stability Chairs, two Ladder Barrels, two Spine Correctors, four Arc Barrels, and a variety of other small Pilates apparatus for a fun, varied and challenging workout every time. This room also features a Functional Training area with two TRX Suspension Training™ units, a large variety of dumbbells, fitness bands and tubing, BOSUs™, stability balls, and an adjustable weight training bench.
- Our Group Pilates Equipment room features 10 STOTT PILATES Reformers, 10 STOTT PILATES Stability Chairs, 10 TRX Suspension Training™ units, 10 Barre Stations, and additional equipment such as Weights, Stability Balls, Medicine Balls, Tubing and Bands, Jumpboards, Cardio Tramps, and Pilates Fitness Circles.
The Community Vibe at "John Garey's"
When you workout at John Garey Fitness & Pilates, you will be a part of our amazing community of clients and team members. Our vibe is fun, friendly and open to everyone, so it's easy to jump into a class and make new friends. Our longstanding clients welcome new clients with a smile and they are a great resource to learn more about our huge are varied class schedule.
How We Contribute to Our Local Community
We donate to dozens of local schools and charitable organizations and we participate in a variety of local community events. If you know of an organization that could benefit from our donation of in-kind services (for raffles, auctions, etc), please contact us at email@example.com. We're happy to support any great school or organization that serves our local community!
Here's a list of the organizations we supported in 2016
- 4GIRLS Organization
- Ability First
- Alamitos Bay Garden Club
- Futbol Club Premier
- Friends of Pathways
- Help the Children
- Interval House
- J.H. McGaugh Elementary School
- Kahakai Outrigger, Canoe Club
- Las Floristas
- LB Police Motor Patrol Association
- LBCC Child Development Centers
- Li’l Cottonwood Preschool
- Los Al Choir
- Los Al Girls Tennis
- Los Al Lacrosse Booster
- MMS Dance – DEC 2016
- NCL (National Charity League) Inc.
- Newcomb Academy Foundation
- Operation Jump Start: Operation Aloha
- Rogers Middle School
- Seal Beach Animal Shelter
- Seal Beach Play Group
- SoCal Youth for Christ
- Team Spirit Long Beach
- The LGBTQ Center Long Beach
- Wilson Cheer
- Wilson Football
How to be awesome in class and get the most out of your workouts!
Cancellation Policy: We have a 12 hour cancellation policy for all appointments and scheduled classes. As long as you cancel your class reservation or private appointment at least 12 hours in advance of the class/appointment start time, you will not lose your session or be charged the $10 membership late cancellation fee or the $15 membership no show fee. Class reservations are not required, so if your schedule is unsure, please feel free to call our Front Desk prior to the class start time to see if you are able to jump in without an advance reservation.
Late cancels are considered any class cancelled within 12 hours of the class start time. No shows are not showing up for a booked class without letting us know in advance.
If you are not able to make it to a class, please cancel online or by calling or emailing us prior to the class start time (even one minute). This will help other clients get a spot in class.
Late Cancellation Waiver for 12-Month Members: Each 12-month member receives two Late Cancel Waivers over the course of their 12-month contract. These waivers are only valid if the Front Desk is notified of the late cancellation prior to the class start time. No shows are not eligible for the Late Cancel Waiver benefit.
Why do we have a cancellation policy at all?
- Accountability matters in fitness. If there were no penalty for canceling, it would be a lot more tempting to blow off a workout - our policy adds one more reason to come to class... get a great workout and feel better as a result!
- Our classes are very popular. We have added more classes (we have more than 50 per week), but there are still many with wait-lists. Our cancellation policy is in place, in part, to reduce speculative bookings, which keeps more spots open for people who want to commit to a class.
- All series and sessions expire three months (90 days) from the date of purchase. Series that are about to expire can be extended by purchasing another similar type of series; please contact the Front Desk for details.
- No transfers or refunds of series or memberships.
- Payment for all classes and sessions must be made prior to the class/session start time.
- There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
6539 E Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90803